Life Changers Foundation is a registered non-profit organization (NPO Number 065-755) based in Cape Town, South Africa. We are dedicated to getting people substance free, self- sustainable, skilled, educated and reconciled with families to become role models to a society that once rejected them. Through personal development and awareness, we mobilize our young leaders to create lasting change in their homes, schools and communities and to safeguard them from the scourge of drugs.
Life Changers Foundation was started in 2009 in the suburb of Ottery. Because of the huge problems of gangsterism and substance abuse gripping the Western Cape we saw the need to assist our communities in combating this epidemic and to bring about awareness. At present we have an excess of 100 people attending support groups in Ottery. We assist other groups combating substance abuse with training regarding support group facilitation and help set up support groups. We also work closely with the schools in our community with regards to awareness, early intervention and counselling.
Our vision is to be a trend setting recovery centre where every participant is restored.
Our mission is to facilitate the process of recovery in order for individuals to become positive role models in their families and communities.
We shall achieve our mission on the basis of the following values:
“Lend a hand, Change a Life”
Through counselling, intervention and skills development help the recovering client with the following:
- Assistance in recognising the triggers and root courses for their addiction.
- Recognise what changes need to take place in their lives and lifestyles.
- Translate their understanding into action so that lasting change can take place.
- Encourage the healing of families as a whole.
- To ensure through personal and skills development, the recovering client can be re- integrated back into society as a productive member of society.
OUR SUPPORT TEAM
- 1 volunteer secretary.
- 19 devoted volunteer support workers. These people assist in the daily operation of the Foundation by facilitating programs as administrative duties.
- A Social Worker and a Psychologist also serve in our programmes on a voluntary bases.
OUR NETWORKING PARTNER
- Department of Justice and Constitutional Development
- Social Development
- Shane Willard Ministries
- Desire of All Nations Christian Church
- Hope Again Recovery Home (Mitchells Plain in-patient recovery home)
- Active Social Assistance (Athlone Support Group)
- Operation Harvest (Parkwood Estate Support Group)
- Isa Outreach (Roodepoort, Johannesburg Support Group)